Calypso 1.0.03 has been released for Windows, Mac, and Cloud. Updates are free. On Windows, you can update your copy of Calypso by going to Home -> Settings -> Update Calypso Now. Mac users can just download a new DMG file using this link: http://bit.do/fJBp6. You can access Cloud Calypso at https://calypso-robotics.com.
Here is what's new in Calypso 1.0.03:
Images in the World Map
- You can now add images to the world map that act like background scenery. They aren't visible to the robot, but they make the display more meaningful for people. To add an image, go to the Map Layout view and from the Map Menu select "Import Image".
- Images can be scaled, rotated, cropped, raised and lowered (for layering multiple images), and have their opacity adjusted.
New Uses for Regular Expressions
- The "say" tile now accepts regular expressions and will generate an utterance that matches the expression, e.g., say "(hi|hello) (there|)" will randomly generate one of four utterances: "hi", "hello", "hi there", or "hello there".
- The "hear" tile now accepts nested regular expressions, allowing for more complex patterns. For example, hear "((hi|hello) there | greetings)" will match "hi there", "hello there", or "greetings".
Silent or Invisible Scores
- Normally scores are displayed above the world map, and any change to a score is accompanied by a sound effect. Now you can opt to make individual scores silent (no sound effects) or invisible (silent and not displayed). To do this, put the pencil on any score tile and press "Y", then change the score's mode from Normal to Silent or Invisible.