On June 19-21 a Calypso curriculum development workshop was held at Carnegie Mellon University.
The workshop was led by Professor Dave Touretzky of Carnegie Mellon and Professor Christina Gardner-McCune of the University of Florida. The goal of the workshop was to design classroom activities for teaching Calypso to students in grades 3-5, in preparation for classes planned for New Brighton Elementary School in the fall.
Participants (left to right):
- Jason Huang, WholeRen Education
- Dave Touretzky, Carnegie Mellon and Visionary Machines, LLC
- Melisa Smith-Frank, New Brighton Area School District
- Laurie Rader, New Brighton Area School District
- Kara Stormfels, New Brighton Area School District
- Kate Na-Shataal, New Brighton Area School District
- Christina Gardner-McCune, University of Florida